The "Last" Mountain

on Thursday, April 12, 2012
The Last Mountain was probably one of the most emotionally appealing documentatries that I have seen in quite a while. I have long been a supporter of coal mining and the film even made me reconsider some of my views. Obviously the views were heavily biased but just the photos of the mountaintop removal sites was enough to make me think again.

Before making a decision about the documentary after all I would have to see just how true the statistics are that they state. Being so biased, I can only guess some of the figures are somewhat exaggerated. Such as the reports about the wind conditions on Coal River Mountain.

Overall the film was pretty eye opening. There was constant doubt about everything that was discussed in the video but it did successfully convince me to rethink some views and maybe do more reasearch about the subject.

0 comments:

Post a Comment